tog

Photobucket

d thing.S

..that will be part of my day life, some of the activities in which I take part, the part.s of the puzzle that make the paint.INg OF my Life!

Fête de la Musique



This event takes place in France every year. In the cities there are musicians everywhere, stages in every corner in the town. You can hear different kinds of music, all people are out on the streets and squares.



In Thionville there were more than ten stages where you can hear various sound.
First we were on the stage where one band played music similar to the music that Nora Jones compose. Wonderful concert, people were relaxed, smiling..

After this concert together with Kristine, volunteer from Estonia , went to a concert of some of our friends, a band from Thionville. They play music from Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Lou Reed, Mamas and the Papas. On their break, we went to a small town square where a band just preparing for performances. The poster had several bands, I recognize one of the bands - Kultur shock. I asked with my bad French, which band is drawn to playing.. the man could not answer. The bass player was on the stage, only two meters from me, I decided to ask him.

- Excuse me, do you speak English? (This is me in French)
- Yes man, I'm from America.

I knew it was from Kultur shock, I told him only that I’m from Macedonia, and they play punk mixed with Balkan music. I was happy and we started to speak, I said it would be better if we continue after the concert.
I had heard them once in Macedonia, but I had no opportunity to meet them and speak with them .. here we continue with the conversation on the private after party in their apartment after a really good concert.

On the other stages there were: hip - hop, indi, folk, rock, alternative bands etc. ..

Great event!


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © bLog abOut my_stay IN. TOGETHER ! FRance - Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes